Places to Swim in Hope, Cascades & Canyons
Many hot days are ahead this summer! What better way is there to cool off than to go swimming at one of the many local swimming spots? Here is our list for some of the best places to swim this summer in Hope, Cascades & Canyons:
Kawkawa Lake Road, Hope
SCHKAM LAKE (LAKE OF THE WOODS)
Trans Canada Highway, Hope
Silver Skagit Road, Hope
Silver Skagit Road, Hope
Union Bar Road, Hope
18km north of Hope
HIGH HEAT AND WATER SAFETY
This summer is going to be as hot as ever and we are excited for you to enjoy all the days in the sun! But we encourage you to keep the following tips in mind for your next outdoor summer activity:
- Stay hydrated. The key to staying hydrated is drinking water or cool fluids before you are thirsty. It is also recommended to avoid alcohol or caffeine which can cause dehydration.
- Look for shade. Staying out of direct sunlight is important, so don’t worry too much about your tan!
- Wear sunscreen. Sunburned skin lessens your body’s ability to keep you cool.
- Slow down. Take your time in the heat and don’t spend too much time exerting yourself outdoors. Take lots of breaks if you are working or playing outside.
And here are our tips for water safety during your lake and creek visits in Hope, Cascades & Canyons:
- Remember personal floatation devices. Make sure that you, your family and your friends have necessary swimming aids and personal floatation devices. Make sure you read the labels on life jackets and personal floatation devices to make sure they are Transport Canada approved and is the right size for your weight. Life jackets can also help maintain your body heat in cold waters.
- Stay within your abilities. Stay within your comfort level and don’t go further than you can handle. When at a beach, swim parallel to the shore and stay within marked areas.
- Look before you leap or dive in. Be careful of shallow waters and hazardous objects under the surface such as rocks or logs. It’s best to enter any body of water slowly with your feet first.
- Never swim alone. We advise at least using a “buddy system”, which means having a responsible adult with you that is a strong swimmer. Even when a lifeguard is out, make sure you keep an eye on each other.
We can’t wait for you to enjoy some of these great spots this summer! Check out our website to find even more great activities for you and your loved ones in Hope, Cascades & Canyons!